Your safety is our priority
We at the Banff Springs have been working with our Environmental Health Organisation (EHO) and following guidelines for the Scottish Government to ensure your safety while you stay at the hotel.
In response to the current Covid-19 restrictions, we have implemented a plan which presents the enhanced measures we are taking to ensure the safety of our guests, employees and our community.
Hygiene has always been rigorous in our hotel and we are taking additional steps so you can be confident of your safety.
- We are working alongside the Environmental Health Organisation and following guidelines from the Scottish Government to develop the best protocols and standards for our hotel.
- We have sanitising stations in key areas of the hotel such as reception, foyer toilet area and back of house. We advise that guests make use of these stations when moving around the hotel.
- Increased the cleaning of frequently touched items and surfaces in bedrooms and public areas.
- Increased bedroom checks by senior management.
- Our food menus can be viewed online whilst providing a limited 24hr room service (tray collection only)
Let’s keep everyone safe by continuing to social distance. Please allow 2m (6ft) distance between yourself and other people. In our hotel we are practising social distancing by:
- Operating a minimum touch check-in and check-out to limit the amount of close contact within the hotel.
- We have protective screens at our reception desk in order to protect our staff and guests.
Food & Beverage Delivery
As of 15th July the restaurant will be open and we will be running a reduced menu for the time being. We will also be providing contactless room service on a daily basis
Training is always on going and an upmost priority for our teams.
- We are working alongside the Environmental Health Organisation and following guidelines from the Scottish Government to develop the best protocols and standards for housekeeping and employee training.
- All employees will receive additional training on how to keep you and themselves safe. This will be reflected in how they interact with you during your stay.
Overnight Journey, what to expect
To provide a safe environment for our staff and guests, a few changes have been made to our services during your stay, which include: limited service to guest rooms with a housekeeping service provided after three nights or more, and our employees will not enter your room during your stay unless there is a health and safety concern. There will be a housekeeping pack left outside your room which will have fresh towels in it. Tea and coffee making facilities will be removed from all rooms for the time being.
On check-out we will have an express check-out box at reception where you can drop off your keys if you have previously paid your bill. Please note that during this time we will not be offering luggage storage. We ask that should you have any queries regarding your stay or in need of any assistance, please contact reception via the phone in your room and we will gladly assist.
Safe Team Protocol
Our employee safety starts even before they arrive to work with a focus on their travel to work, to keep safe and practice good hygiene. Temperature checking protocol for our staff on arrival to work has also been implemented.
Our employees are encouraged to adhere by our hand sterilisation protocol by washing their hands at every opportunity and use the hand sanitising stations through the hotel’s back of house, taking note of social distancing guidelines when interacting with other employees. This practice extends into our employee’s rest breaks, changing rooms and offices.
Advice to Guests and Employees
If you become ill during your stay or feel you may have been in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus (Covid-19):
- Call reception immediately. Our reception team will contact the local health authorities on your behalf. If you call the local health authorities yourself, please advise our reception team immediately.
- Avoid contact with other guests or employees